Service Update 56 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 56.
Please note that our naming conventions have changed to clarify the link between the version number and service update. For example, Service Update 56 will correspond to version number 56XX. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all the associated fixes will be rolled into the next Service Update, thus Service Update numbers will not always increase incrementally.
As this release is deployed globally, we will continue to add fixes and the version number may change. Check this article regularly as we continue to document fixes added to this release.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 56 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1.0||188.8.131.5227|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Please note that an (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 56 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- When the "<" character was included in a note on the social plane of an entity, it was replaced with other characters.
- HTML appeared in the body of appointments that were created in Exchange and syncrhonized to Dynamics 365.
- When a date was entered into a form, the date's month and day swapped places.*
- When using Internet Explorer to access Dynamics 365, templates inserted into the body of an email appeared at the top of the email instead of in the desired cursor position.*
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Unified Client ignored locked attribute business rule conditions.*
- A business rule did not prevent changes to a record, auto-save never triggered, and the Save button displayed after a change was made instead of the expected Unsaved Changes button.
- Solutions could not be uninstalled with file reports.
- A contact's address field value in Dynamics 365 dissapeared when changed, once Outlook syncrhonization occurred using the default out-of-box "My Contacts" user filter.*
- The Lookup field could not be used for a custom entity.
- The LinkedIn package was getting installed by default.*
- State change operations could not be performed on a process instance in Unified Client.
- Records did not display as expected on the second page of the Resources subgrid when the User view was enabled.*
- Users could not navigate between business process flow (BPF) stages when the current stage contained an action step.*
- Newly created charts did not render or they rendered without Y Axis label formatting.*
- SQL timeouts occurred when some Excel templates containing a large number of records was exported.
- Dynamic fields in the body of workflow emails were not populating.
- The icon was missing for custom entities on the global quick create menu.
- Dashboards could not be switched when a form was added to the app module.*
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- Entity map info, attribute map info, and attribute map ID info was missing from an error message.
- An error occurred when importing an unmanaged solution with a connector as an attached zip file and then exporting the solution.*
- An error occurred when using Fetch XML via an Application programming interfaces (API) call.
- Some copy operations were failing.*
- An error occurred when generating an early bound class. (Error: "SolutionComponentDefinition" already contains a definition for "EntityLogicalName".*
- In WebClient, a blank error dialogue window appeared and could not be closed when a location containing a URL with special characters was added on a SharePoint document's associated grid section.
- An error occurred when creating work orders. (Error: "Solution dependencies exist, cannot uninstall.")*
- An error occurred when creating a filter using multiple "not-in" conditions and then performing a request.
- An error occurred when publishing an offline profile.
- While offline, grids containing created or modified fields failed to load.*
- An error message occurred when performing admin actions. (Error: "UserId is empty guid:)*
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here.