Data security threats and regulatory compliance requirements are more daunting than ever. And yet, talent adequately skilled in security is hard to come by. That means many organizations will count on partners to secure their business-critical systems and data.
These customers will be well-served by cloud security providers from a world-class ecosystem underpinned by a trusted global cloud services provider like Microsoft. That’s why Microsoft is introducing the Security Competency in Partner Center, to recognize partners who have demonstrated advanced skill and capability in delivering security solutions on the Microsoft platform—and continue to enhance that capability.
The Security Competency distinguishes partners who are best prepared to help customers:
- Protect information.
- Implement identity and access management.
- Defend against cyber-security threats
By attaining the Security Competency, you validate that you have deep technical and managerial competence as well as the skills, experience, and credibility necessary to design, engineer, implement, and manage your customers’ information security programs to guard against today’s sophisticated cyberthreats.
The Security Competency will create new opportunities for Microsoft partners who are selling security solutions by creating new specialization pathways to differentiate their capabilities in the marketplace.
Partners must meet specific requirements to attain the Silver or Gold Security Competency. Once the competency is attained, recognized partners receive access to extra benefits designed to help them:
- Differentiate themselves to customers.
- Attract interest and drive new sales leads.
- Receive expert technical guidance and support.
- Take advantage of special incentives.
- Grow their cloud security solutions business.
Security Competency eligibility:
To attain the Silver or Gold Security Competency, partners must meet three key requirements:
- Pass the skills validation (Microsoft certification requirement). Check article 2966380 Link or unlink an MCP ID to or from a partner organization to learn how to ensure the certifications completed are recognized towards your eligibility.
- Meet the performance requirements.
- Pay the fee. Partners must pay the Silver/Gold Security Competency fee which is based on the physical location of your organization. Once all skills validation and performance requirements are met, you can pay the fee by signing in to Partner Center. Check article 4505958 Silver or Gold Competency Purchase in Partner Center for more details.
Security Competency requirements:
1,000 active users within the last 12 months in any of the following workloads:
USD500/month (within the last 12 months) revenue in any of the following workloads:
4,000 active users within the last 12 months in any of the following workloads:
USD1,000/month (within the last 12 months) revenue in any of the following workloads:
Skills validation (Microsoft certification requirements):
One individual must pass:
Four individuals must pass:
Security Competency benefits:
Core benefits: All partners who attain a competency receive access to a set of benefits designed to help them enhance their knowledge, strengthen their offerings, attract more customers, and grow their businesses.
Product licenses: Please sign in to Partner Center to review your product licenses or check the competency benefits table.
Branding: Silver/Gold competency badge to market your organization as a partner with a Silver/Gold Security competency.