Service Update 98 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 98.
Starting October 5, 2019, we will enable the 2019 release wave 2 features (end user impacting only) across our global customer base. Your environment/organization will be updated during one of the maintenance windows over a weekend. For more information, click here.
Please note that our naming conventions have changed to clarify the link between the version number and service update. For example, Service Update 98 will correspond to version number 98XX. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all the associated fixes will be rolled into the next Service Update, thus Service Update numbers will not always increase incrementally.
As this release is deployed globally, we will continue to add fixes and the version number may change. Check this article regularly as we continue to document fixes added to this release.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 98 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0||126.96.36.19935|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Please note that an (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 98 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Focus was lost when expanding an email's Trusted Language Runtime (TLR) in a timeline for the first time.
- Emails could be sent even when the mailbox was not tested or enabled.
- Asynchronous operations like organization creation, database updates were unavaialble.*
- Web API queries failed when they contained a "Groupby" clause.*
- When the Exchange email address contained special OData characters, outgoing emails could not be sent.
- The version of Notes Analysis installed on organizations varied.
- Keyboard focus was not visible on the selected value of the "Subject" combobox on the "Convert to Case" dialog window after navigating to it using the Shift+Tab shortcut or arrow keys.
- When using VoiceOver on an iOS device, the download progress spinner read as "0.5 50%" instead of "Download progress indicator.
- The "Email type" option was missing from the "Add New Activity" drop down list.
- The Email editor (toolbox) did not load completely when distributing campaign activities or creating Quick campaigns for the "Email" channel.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- Server timeout errors occurred when creating new custom entities from Dynamics 365 for Outlook.
- Appointment synchronization sometimes failed with error "A referenced period is missing."
- When Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) synchronization failed, a generic error appeared instead of a specific privilege error.
- An error occurred when creating connections in the Connections subgrid ("ErrorDetails (5) (1)").
- An error occurred when selecting an Email or other activity ("TypeError: Cannot read property 'getFormContext' of undefined").
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here.