Consider the following scenario:
- You run an online index build operation in Microsoft SQL Server.
- The index is not aligned with the partition scheme.
- The index has at least one nvarchar or ntext column.
In this scenario, SQL Server may encountera non-yielding scheduler condition.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This issue is fixed in the following cumulative updates for SQL Server:
- Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2019
- Cumulative Update 19 for SQL Server 2017
- Cumulative Update 11 for SQL Server 2016 SP2
About cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server: