Startingfrom January 2020 all the companies in Norway are obliged to provide by requestof Norwegian Tax Administration Standard Audit File for Taxes Financial data(SAF-T) in accordance with the Documentation v.1.4 published on July 08,2019 andTechnical documentation v.1.3 published on March 23, 2018 in the format of XMLreport coincident with the XSD schema v.1.1 of “Norwegian SAF-T Financial data”developed by “SAF-T Working group”, Skatteetaten ©, based on “OECD StandardAudit File - Taxation 2.00” modified on 02-02-2018.
To support “NorwegianSAF-T Financial data” report in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance andOperations, version of the application must be of the following or laterversion:
Version of Finance and Operations
For Financeand Operations of version 7.3 the KB #4532651 must be installed.
Whenversion of the Finance and Operations application is suitable, import from theLCS portal the following or later versions of the Electronic reporting (ER) configurations:
ER configuration name
Standard Audit File (SAF-T)
SAF-T Financial data model mapping
SAF-T Format (NO)
Import thelatest versions of the configurations. The version description usually containsthe number of the KB article that explains the change introduced by theconfiguration version.
Note: After all the ER configurations fromthe preceding table are imported, set the Default for model mapping optionto Yes for the following configuration:
- SAF-TFinancial data model mapping
For more information about how to download ER configurations fromMicrosoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), see Download Electronic reportingconfigurations from Lifecycle Services.
To startusing “Norwegian SAF-T Financial data” report in Microsoft Dynamics 365 forFinance and Operations the following setup must be done:
- Generalledger parameters – to setup ER format
- Salestax code – to associate with Standard tax codes (read more in the about thisrequirement in “Norwegian SAF-T Financial data Documentation”)
- Mainaccounts – to associate with Standard accounts (read more in the about thisrequirement in “Norwegian SAF-T Financial data Documentation”)
General ledger parametersOpen in Main menu: Modules > Generalledger > Ledger setup > General ledger parameters page,Standard Audit File for Tax (SAF-T) fast tab and select “SAF-T Format(NO)” in “Standard Audit File for Tax (SAF-T)” field.
Sales tax code
As it is explained in “Norwegian SAF-T Financial data Documentation”, Sales tax codes that areused in the system must be associated with Norwegian Standard VAT Taxcodes <StandardTaxCode> (availableat https://github.com/Skatteetaten/saf-t) for the purpose of SAF-T reporting.
To associateSales tax codes that are used in the Finance and Operations, open Modules> Tax > Indirect taxes > Sales tax > Sales taxcodes page, select Sales tax code record and click External codesin Sales tax codes group of the Action pane:
In the Externalcodes page, specify the Norwegian Standard VAT codes to be used for theselected Sales tax code record for reporting purposes in SAF-T report.
As it is explained in “Norwegian SAF-T Financial data Documentation”, Main accounts that areused in the system must be associated with Norwegian Standard Accounts (availableat https://github.com/Skatteetaten/saf-t) for the purpose of SAF-T reporting.
Startingfrom version 54.61 “SAF-T Format (NO)” electronic reporting format supportssetup of Standard accounts for Main accounts of the company via Applicationspecific parameters.
To set up Standardaccounts for Main accounts of the company via Applicationspecific parameters do the following steps:
- Open Electronic reporting workspace, select inthe configuration tree “SAF-T Format (NO)” electronic reporting format.
- Make sure that company you are working is the companyyou want to do Applicationspecific parameters setup.
- On the Action Pane, onthe Configurations tab, in the Application specific parameters group, select Setup.
- Select the version ofthe format that you want to use on the left side of the Application specificparameters page.
- Select StandardMainAccount_Lookup on the Lookups FastTab, and then specify criteria on the Conditions FastTab by adding lines for each Result value which must be used in theselected company. If several Main accounts in the selected company mustresult the same Standard account, add separate line for each Mainaccount and specify the same Standard account for each of them.
- Set up NA value as the last condition in thelist. It must be set to *Not blank* in Mainaccount column. Check by the value in the Line column that “NA” isthe last condition in the table.
- When you've finishedsetting up conditions, change the value of the State field to Completed, save yourchanges, and close the page.
You can easily exportthe setup of application-specific parameters from one version of a report andimport it into another version by using Export and Import buttons on the Action pane. You can also export the setup from one report and import it into thesame report in another company if Main accounts are the same in both companies.
Generate“Norwegian SAF-T Financial data” report
To generate“Norwegian SAF-T Financial data” report in Microsoft Dynamics 365 forFinance and Operations, open Modules > General ledger > Inquiresand reports > Standard Audit File for Tax (SAF-T) > StandardAudit File for Tax (SAF-T) menu item.
Specify startand end date of the period for which you want to generate SAF-T report in Fromdate and To date fields of the dialog page of the report respectively.Mark check boxes for Customers, Vendors, Financial dimensionsif you want to include to the report all the records from the related tables.When these check boxes are not marked only those Customers and Vendors of yourcompany will be included to the report for which there were transactions in thereporting period or the balance on which is non-zero. When Financial dimensionscheck box is not marked, only those Financial dimensions that are used in thetransactions during the reporting period will be reported in <MasterFiles>node of the report. Select the Employee in the Personnel number field ofthe dialog page of the report to specify the Employee to be reported in <UserID>node of the report (ID of the user that generated the audit file.).
You mayalso apply filters on “Main accounts” and “General journal entry”via Records to include fast tab of the dialog page of the report.
Report naming andsplitting
“NorwegianSAF-T Financial data Documentation” requires using the following naming of theresulting XML reports:
<SAF-Texport type>_<organization number of the vendor who the datarepresents>_<date and time(yyyymmddhh24hmise>_<file number of totalfiles>.xml
Forexample: SAF-T Financial_999999999_20160401235911_1_12.xml
- “SAF-TFinancial” states the SAF-T type of file
- “999999999”represents the organization number belonging to the owner of the data.
- “20160401235911”represents the date and time when the file was created using a 24-hour clock.
- "1_12"represents file 1 of 12 total files in the export (same selection)
Volume of singleXML file must be less than 2 GB. All single XML files submitted must validatewith the schema: All <MasterFiles> are in the first file, and theassociated transactions in the subsequent files (flexible number offiles).
Exampleselection of one accounting year with 12 periods. One file per period withtransactions:
Contents of the AuditFile
Header and MasterFiles
2 … 13
Header and GeneralLedgerEntries
Maximumnumber of XML files in the same zip archive is 10.
Inaccordance to these requirements, in “SAF-T Format (NO)” ER format for Financeand Operation auto-splitting of the resulting report in XML is implemented withthe following assumptions:
- Maximumvolume of resulting XML report is 2000000KB
- Allthe XML files are named according to the following rule: <SAF-T exporttype>_<organization number of the vendor who the datarepresents>_<date and time(yyyymmddhh24hmise>
- Allthe XML files are included into one zip archive
- Eachindividual XML file validates with the schema (as it is explained above).
After thereport generation if there are more than 1 XML file generated, user providesmanual numbering of the files in the name of the generated files in archiveadding “_<file number of total files>”. User controls manually that thereare no more than 10 XML files in the same archive and split the archive toseveral archives manually so that maximum number of XML files in the same ziparchive was 10.
Electronic reporting configuration download instruction from Lifecycle Services: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/analytics/download-electronic-reporting-configuration-lcs
How to obtain the Microsoft Dynamics AX updates files
This update is available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center for version 7.3:
You must have one of the following products installed to apply this hotfix:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (7.3)
You must restart the Application Object Server (AOS) service after you apply the hotfix.
If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
You can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics by phone using these links for country specific phone numbers. To do this, visit one of the following Microsoft websites:
In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Technical Support Professional for Microsoft Dynamics and related products determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to any additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.