This article describes the issuesthat are fixed in Update Rollup 9 for Microsoft System Center 2016 DataProtection Manager. This article also contains the installationinstructions for this update.
Note Existing Data ProtectionManager to Microsoft Azure customers should upgrade to the latest agent(version 2.0.9169.0 or a later version). If the latest agent is not installed,online backups may fail, and no Data Protection Manager to Windows Azureoperation will work.
Issues that are fixed
This update fixes the followingissues:
- In some scenarios, pruning job failures leading to storage bloat
Other Improvements and Features:
- An additional a layer of authentication is added for critical operations. You will be prompted to enter a security PIN when you perform Stop Protection with Delete data operations.
- Added a new parameter -CheckReplicaFragmentation in the Copy-DPMDatasourceReplica cmdlet. The new parameter calculates the fragmentation percentage for a replica. Learn more.
Note A fresh installation of theUpdate Rollup Agent could cause a restart of the protected server.
How to obtain Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager
Update packages for Data ProtectionManager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an updatepackage from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that hasa Data Protection Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website tomanually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how todownload Microsoft support files, click the following article number to viewthe article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoftsupport files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file forviruses, using the most current virus-detection software that was available onthe date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhancedservers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to it.
Installation instructions for Data Protection Manager
To install this update for DataProtection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install this rollup package on the server that's running System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Note: This update rollup agentupdate may require you to restart protected servers in order to create orchange protection groups.
Method 1:Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager AdministratorConsole
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Method 2:Update the protection agents on the protected servers
- Obtain the update protection agent package from the following directory on the System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager server:
- The installation packages are as follows:
- For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4534063.msp
- For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4534063_AMD64.msp