Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
A remote code execution vulnerability exists when the Microsoft .NET Framework fails to validate input properly. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could take control of an affected system. An attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.
To learn more about the vulnerabilities, go to the following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE).
- Starting in August, 2019, updates to .NET Framework 4.6 and above, for Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Windows 7SP1, require SHA-2 Code signing support. Please make sure that you have all the latest Windows Updates before applying this update to avoid installation issues. For more detailed information about SHA-2 code signing support updates, please see KB 4474419.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2) require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this update
- 4532944 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4532944)
- 4532929 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4532929)
- 4532932 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB4532932)