Considering the following scenario:
- You have a database in an Always On availability group (AG) in Microsoft SQL Server.
- You add a persistent log buffer (PMM log) on the AG primary. For more information about the PMM log feature, see Transaction Commit latency acceleration using Storage Class Memory in Windows Server 2016/SQL Server 2016 SP1.
- All of the secondaries in the AG become unavailable.
In this scenario, you may receive the assertion failure on the AG primary node.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This issue is fixed in the following cumulative updates for SQL Server:
- Cumulative Update 4 for SQL Server 2019
- Cumulative Update 20 for SQL Server 2017
- Cumulative Update 12 for SQL Server 2016 SP2
About cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server: