September 8, 2020
.NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2
This update for Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 includes cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2. We recommend that you apply this update as part of your regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites and Restart requirement sections.
This update is included in the Cumulative Update that is dated September 8, 2020. This update was previously released in the Cumulative Update that was dated August 18, 2020.
Quality and reliability improvements
- Addresses an issue with a crash on COM interop to properly return the hresult for the Out of Memory Exception
- Improved support for cleaning up private temporary certificate keys
- Improved spell checking so words like "etc." and "e.g." will no longer be identified as spelling errors when spell-checking is enabled in WPF TextBox or RichTextBox
- Addresses an issue with a null-reference crash in automation code, arising from re-entrancy when reconnection to a remote desktop.
1 Common Language Runtime (CLR)
2 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Additional information about this update
- 4576627 Description of the Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 (KB4576627)
How to obtain and install the update
Install this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update .