- You start Microsoft Photo Editor in a maximized window.
- You click Restore Down (the middle button in the upper-right corner) to resize the Microsoft Photo Editor window to a window.
- You move the title bar of the Photo Editor window off the left side of the screen or off the top of the screen.
- You quit Photo Editor by right-clicking the Photo Editor button in the task bar, and then by clicking Close.
- You restart Photo Editor.
To activate this hotfix, remove the Initial Position registry key. To do this, follow these steps:
- Quit Microsoft Photo Editor.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Click to select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\Microsoft Photo Editor
- Right-click Initial Position in the Name column in the right-side pane, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this value.