- Quit all Microsoft Word programs that are running including WordMail.
- Start Word 2003.
- On the Tools menu, click
- On the View tab, click to clear the
Startup Task Pane check box.
- Quit Word 2003.
Solution 2Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Quit Word 2003. If you use Word as your e-mail editor, also quit Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Start, and then click
- In the Run box, type
REGEDIT, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\General
- Right-click the
DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane key, and then click
- Click OK to confirm that you want to delete the DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane key.
The following registry value corresponds to this setting:
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0x00000000 (0)