System requirementsThe following hardware and software are required to use Windows Media Connect:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01, Netscape Navigator 4.7, or a later version of either browser
Note An Internet browser is required to view the Help files.
- A 233-megahertz (MHz) processor, such as an Intel Pentium II or an Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor
Note A 1-gigahertz (GHz) processor or a faster processor is recommended for optimum support of Windows Media digital rights management (DRM) content.
- 64 megabytes (MB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
Note 128 MB of RAM is recommended.
- 80 MB of available hard disk space
Note Approximately 300 MB is recommended to use the System Restore feature.
- An Ethernet (802.3) or Wi-Fi (802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g) network adaptor
New featuresWindows Media Connect 2.0 offers the following improvements over Windows Media Connect 1.0:
- Improved performance
- Expanded device support
- Streamlined device configuration
- Fewer network requirements
- Fewer software requirements
- Support for Universal Naming Convention (UNC) locations
- Support for removable storage locations
- Support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file format
- Improved browsing on devices
- Better integration with Windows Firewall
- Streamlined user interface
Download Windows Media Connect 2.0
To download Windows Media Connect 2.0 or for more information about the product, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
RemovalTo remove Windows Media Connect 2.0, use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
|Windows Media Connect 1.0||August 16, 2004|
|Windows Media Connect 2.0||October 10, 2005|
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.