Method 1: Rename the InstallShield folder
- In Windows Explorer or in My Computer, open the following folder: DRIVE \Program Files\Common Files\
- Right-click the Installshield folder, and then click Rename.
- Type InstallShield1, and then press ENTER.
- Try to install the game.
Method 2: Download and install the latest Windows Installer packageTo install the latest Windows Installer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Notes
- Download the .msu or .exe file for your version of Windows.
- "x86" means that you have a 32-bit version of Windows. "x64" means that you have a 64-bit version of Windows.
- If you are not sure about which operating system you have, download and install the x64-based version. In the instructions, you will find information about the appropriate file to use.
A newer version than version 4.5 of the Windows Installer might be available. To search for a newer version, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
If the problem continues to occur, go to Method 3.
Method 3: Locate and then close the filesTo resolve this problem, locate, and then close the Idriver.exe and Msiexec.exe files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Task Manager. To do this, click Start, type taskmgr in the Start Search box, and then click taskmgr.exe in the Programs list.
- On the Processes tab, in the Image Name column, locate idriver.exe and msiexec.exe.
- Select each instance of both processes, and then click End Process.
- Click End Process on each Windows Task Manager window that opens.
- Close the Task Manager.
Method 4: Create a new user accountCreate a new user account that has administrative rights. Then, use this new user account to install the game. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.
- Click Create a new account.
- Type the account name.
- Select the account type: Standard or Administrator.
- Click Create Account. Select the account that you just created.
- Click Create a password.
- Type a password for the user account. Also type a password hint.
- Click Create password.
- Log off your current account.
- Log on by using your new account.
- Start the installation.
Method 5: Perform a clean startup procedureWhen you start Microsoft Windows, other software may start automatically together with the operating system. These programs and services can include antivirus software and system utilities that may interfere with the game. When you perform a clean startup, you prevent these programs from starting automatically. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
For more information about how to perform a clean restart, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Method 6: Download and install the latest version of the .NET FrameworkTo download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework, visit the following MSDN Web site:
If these methods do not resolve the problem, continue to troubleshoot the problem.
Article ID: 910816 - Last Review: Nov 12, 2017 - Revision: 3