Note To retrieve your user name, you will need your product ID (PID). The PID is a series of numbers that is printed on the Age of Empires III product box. For example, 12345-123-1234567-12345 is the format of a valid product ID.
If you do not remember your product ID, you may be able to retrieve the user name that is located on your hard disk if you have not uninstalled the product. To try to locate a user name that has been used before, follow these steps:
- On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start, and then click Documents.
- Double-click My Games, double-click Age of Empires 3, and then double-click Data.
- Look for the following file, where <account> is the name of your ESO account: Uipersonastats-<account>.xml
- Log on to ESO by using this account name.
Include the following information in the message:
- The e-mail address that you provided when you signed up for the account that uses ESO.
- The product ID of your copy of Age of Empires III.
After you send the e-mail message, you will receive an automated reply that states that your request is being processed. If you do not receive an automated response, please check your Junk Mail folder to determine whether the auto-reply was not received in your Inbox. If you still cannot find the automated response, your message may not have reached ESO. Please resend the information to ESO as described in this section.
You will receive an e-mail message that contains your user name after your request is processed at ESO. It may take two to three business days to process this request.
Retrieve the account password within the gameTo use ESO to reset an account password that you have forgotten, follow these steps:
- Start Age of Empires III.
- On the main menu, click Multiplayer, and then click ES Online.
- Enter the user name, and then click Forgot Password.
- Type the answer to the secret question that you provided when you signed up for the account by using the hint that appears on the screen.
- Click OK.
- You receive a message that states that the password request was received and that an e-mail message will be sent to you.
- Click OK.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Article ID: 911712 - Last Review: Mar 4, 2011 - Revision: 1