- Paragraph Indents: Left, Right, First Line, and Hanging
- Paragraph Alignment: Left, Center, Right, and Justify
- Paragraph Spacing: Before and After
- Line Spacing
Open the Tab dialog directlyTo open the Tab dialog box directly, double-click the ruler. This action also sets a tab at the location on the ruler that you double-clicked.
Reset the paragraph settings
- On the Home tab or on the Page Layout tab, click the Paragraph Dialog Box Launcher in the Paragraph group.
- On the Indents and Spacing tab, change the Indent settings to the indentation settings that you want for the document.
- Click Tab on the Indents and Spacing tab.
Change the default style for the document
- On the Home tab, click the Styles Dialog Box Launcher in the Styles group.
- At the bottom of the Styles dialog box, click Manage Styles.
- On the Set Defaults tab, change the Paragraph Position and Paragraph Spacing settings to the values that you want.
- Click New documents based on this template to apply the changes to new documents and to the current document.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 927757 - Last Review: Oct 15, 2007 - Revision: 1