- Click Start, type dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Note the values for Processor and for Memory.
- Click the Display tab.
- Under Device, note the values for Name and for Approx. Total Memory of the video card.
|Component||Minimum system requirement|
|Operating system||Windows 7 or Windows Vista|
|Computer processor||2.0 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Memory||1 gigabyte (GB) or random access memory (RAM)|
|Hard disk space||7 GB of available hard disk space. The dedicated server and the map editor require more hard disk space.|
|Video card||ATI X700 or Nvidia 6100 display adapter with 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM and the following features: |
|DVD drive||32x speed|
|Sound||Sound card, speakers, or headset|
|Supported controls||Keyboard and mouse or compatible game controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows)|
|Internet connection for online play||Network adapter for LAN multiplayer gameplay|
|Broadband Internet access for Windows Live multiplayer gameplay|
The hardware must pass a system check when you run the Setup program or when you run the game. If the hardware does not pass the system check, you receive one of the following error messages:
The graphics hardware on this computer is not supported for use with Halo 2 for Windows Vista.
The processor speed on this computer is too low to run Halo 2 for Windows Vista.
Windows Experience Index
Halo 2 for Windows Vista is designed for computers that run Windows Vista with an overall Windows Experience Index score of 3 or greater. We recommend a Windows Experience Index score of 5.
To start the Performance Information and Tools utility in Windows Vista, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list to view the Windows Experience Index score.
For more information about the Windows Experience Index, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
- In the Search box, type Windows Experience, and then press ENTER.
- Click What is the Windows Experience Index.
The game requires Windows Vista. If Windows 7 or Windows Vista is not installed on the computer, you receive one of the following error messages:
Article ID: 936820 - Last Review: Sep 29, 2011 - Revision: 1