Note If you experience the same issue when you use Outlook 2010 or a later version of Outlook, see "The Delegates settings were not saved correctly" error when you try to add a delegate in Outlook.
For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to enable the hotfixImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- Install hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 950485 before you run this Fix it solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo enable the hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook 2007.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your situation.
- Click Start, type
regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
- Click Start, and then click
- Copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER: regedit
- Click Start, type
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PreferencesIf you use policies, click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click
- Type IgnoreSOBError, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click IgnoreSOBError, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type
1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click
Exit to exit Registry Editor.
For more information, see the Help and Support Center. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
Article ID: 950794 - Last Review: Jun 8, 2015 - Revision: 1