- Apply hotfix package 953803. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:953803 Description of the Outlook 2003 hotfix package: June 18, 2008
- Enable the hotfix package on the delegate's computer.
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the
Fix itbutton or link. Click
File Downloaddialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1 , and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Make sure that the following items are true:
- The delegate has Reviewer permissions for the Mailbox of the manager.
- The delegate has Author permissions for the Sent Items folder of the manager.
- The manager's mailbox is added as an additional mailbox in the delegate's Outlook profile.
Note Use Microsoft Outlook to set permissions for the manager's Mailbox and for the Sent Items folder. To do this, log on to the manager's mailbox, right-click the folder for which you want to configure permissions, and then click Properties. Then, enable the appropriate permissions on the Permissions tab.
Article ID: 953804 - Last Review: Sep 5, 2013 - Revision: 1