To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
- Enable the Internet Printing Client feature on the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Programs and Features in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Print Services, click to select the Internet Printing Client check box, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer or restart the Print Spooler service. To restart the Print Spooler service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Administrative Tools in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click Services.
- Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Restart.
- Try to install the Internet printer again.
For troubleshooting steps and an automatic fix for common printer problems in Windows, please see the following Microsoft web page:
Troubleshooter: Printer problems in Windows
Article ID: 969708 - Last Review: Sep 23, 2011 - Revision: 1