Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
- You set the value of the ScreenUpdating property to False to turn off screen updating.
- You programmatically print or print preview a file.
To fix this issue, apply the hotfix package from KB article 978399 and then enable this hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:
- Apply the hotfix package from KB article 978399. For more information about the hotfix, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:978399 Description of the Office Excel 2007 hotfix package (Excel-x-none.msp, Graph-x-none.msp, Xlconv-x-none.msp, Xlview-x-none.msp): February 23, 2010
- Enable the hotfix package.
To have us enable the hotfix package for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows Vista, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password. If you are prompted for confirmation, provide confirmation.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ResetWnxCurInPrint, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ResetWnxCurInPrint, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.