Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft Word 2010 installed on a client computer.
- You have Word documents that are shared from a SharePoint server.
- In Word 2010, you click the Review tab and then click Change Tracking Options under Track Changes in the Tracking group.
- In the Balloons area, you set Use Balloons (Print and Web Layout) to Never.
- On the client computer, you open a shared Word document from a SharePoint server.
- You and another user make conflicting changes to the same section of the document.
- On the client computer, updates are listed on the status bar as being available for the document. You merge these updates with your changes by saving the document.
- The Resolve Conflicts message bar is displayed, and you open the Conflicts pane.
- You add a comment to the document.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.