Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible
This article was previously published under Q193050
When you start Task Manager, the menu bar and tabs may not be visible.
This behavior can occur if Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode.
When you double-click the empty space in the border around the tabs, Task Manager switches to this mode.
To switch Task Manager to its normal display mode, double-click the topborder of the window.
To work around this behavior, perform the following steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe.
- Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT at the same time, and while holding them down press ENTER.
When Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode, you can resize thewindow.
missing blank taskmgr exe hidden status title bar close minimize maximize
Article ID: 193050 - Last Review: 05/07/2007 21:26:42 - Revision: 2.3
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition