Print Screen Fails When Pasting into Paint
This article was previously published under Q196448
When you press ALT-PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot and then attempt topaste it into Paint, the image pastes in as an empty white box.
This problem occurs when the video driver is set to 16 colors.
You can use one of the following methods to work around this problem.
- In Control Panel, double-click Display and then click the Settings tab.
- Set the Color Palette option to a setting greater than 16 colors.
- Open Paint.
- On the Options menu, click Draw Opaque.
- Paste in the image.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT Version 4.0. Weare researching this problem and will post additional information here inthe Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Article ID: 196448 - Last Review: 10/31/2006 19:11:20 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition