The task sequence may fail together with the "80004005" error code when you deploy a software package to a client computer from a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a software package on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server.
- The package includes files that contain extended ASCII characters in the file names.
- You advertise a task sequence to deploy the package to a client computer.
- You select the Download content locally when needed by running task sequence option on the Distribution Points tab of the advertisement properties.
Hash Value failed or hash value is incorrect
This issue occurs because the extended ASCII characters in the file names are not downloaded or named correctly and because the file names differ from the original files names. Therefore, the hash mismatch error occurs.
The hotfix for this issue is integrated into hotfix 2276865. To resolve this issue, install hotfix 2276865 on the affected System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server.
2276865 The "Date modified" attribute for each file is changed after you deploy the files to a client computer by advertising a task sequence from a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Rename these files to remove extended ASCII characters, re-create the package, and then deploy the package to the client computer again.
- Select the Download all contents locally before starting task sequence option on the Distribution Points tab of the advertisement properties.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2261262 - Last Review: 09/06/2011 00:12:00 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbfix KB2261262