Hotfix rollup for Asset Intelligence in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report does not detect Microsoft SQL Server 2008 licenses.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report does not detect SQL Server 2008 R2 licenses.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report does not detect licenses of the SQL Server 2000 editions except of SQL Server 2000 RTM.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report does not detect Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 licenses.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report does not detect Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 licenses.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report incorrectly reports Microsoft Office Personal 2007 as Microsoft Office Small Business 2007.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 06A" and "License 06B" reports does not detect SQL Server 2008 licenses.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 06A" and "License 06B" reports does not detect Exchange Server 2010 licenses.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "License 01A" report incorrectly reports some editions of Windows Vista, of Windows Server 2008 R2, or of Windows 7 as Windows XP.
- The query for the Asset Intelligence "Software 01A" report reports the instance count of SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2008 incorrectly. The reported count is two times the actual count.
- The Asset Intelligence custom labels are limited to 100 custom labels.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have System Center Configuration Manager Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix replaces the following previously released hotfixes:
- Hotfix 983511
- Hotfix 981639
File informationThe English (United States) version of this hotfix installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Inventoryagentschema.mof||Not Applicable||33,450||23-Jun-2010||02:39||Not Applicable|
|Sccm2007ac-sp2-kb2261172-x86.msp||Not Applicable||514,048||01-Feb-2010||12:55||Not Applicable|
|Update.sql||Not Applicable||1,401||01-Feb-2010||13:10||Not Applicable|
[2:28:18] ERROR: Attempting to install downlevel patch for feature SmsInventory. Rejecting patch and aborting install.
MSI (s) (08!7C) [02:28:18:776]: Product: Configuration Manager Client -- Error 25001. Setup failed due to unexpected circumstances
The error code is 80070659
The error code is 80070659
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2263826 - Last Review: 09/07/2010 08:39:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbqfe kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2263826