You cannot edit public folder items even though you are the owner of the items in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- In an Exchange organization, you have a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 server that has a public folder store installed.
- There are also other Exchange servers that have public folder stores installed in the same Exchange organization.
- You configure public folder replication to replicate the public folders to the Exchange Server 2010 public folder store.
- You create items in the public folders of these other Exchange servers.
In this scenario, you cannot edit the items on the Exchange 2010 public folder store after they are replicated, even though you are the owner of the items.
This issue occurs because the PR_CREATOR_ENTRYID property of the items are not set correctly when the items are replicated to the Exchange Server 2010 public folder store.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about public folder replication, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2385017 - Last Review: 12/14/2010 13:07:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2385017