A request to join a distribution group does not contain the distribution group name in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a distribution group on a server that has Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.
- You set a distribution group owner to the distribution group.
- A user requests to join the distribution group.
In this scenario, a request is sent to the mailbox of the distribution group owner. However, the request does not contain the name of the distribution group.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
More information about how to configure a distribution group, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2463858 - Last Review: 04/07/2011 01:53:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter KB2463858