Forefront TMG Firewall service may stop when users run desktop sharing software over HTTPS that is proxied by Forefront TMG 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 as an outgoing proxy for HTTPS traffic.
- You enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) in Forefront TMG 2010.
- Users run desktop sharing software over HTTPS.
In this scenario, the Forefront TMG Firewall service may stop. Additionally, an instance of an event that has the Event ID 14057 is logged.
This issue occurs because the application filter module (W3filter.dll) encounters the C0000005 exception code.
To resolve this issue, install the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Software Update 1 rollup 3 for Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2497959 - Last Review: 03/22/2011 07:09:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2497959