The "Use friendly names in participant list and message area" command does not function correctly in a Lync 2010 Group Chat client
Consider the following scenario:
- You right-click on a chat room in a Microsoft Lync 2010 Group Chat client, and then you click Edit Chat Preferences.
- You clear the Use friendly names in participant list and message area check box in the Chat Room Settings dialog box.
Note Now, the participant list of the chat room displays the email addresses of the contacts.
- You wait several minutes.
In this scenario, the friendly names of the contacts are still shown unexpectedly for certain participants.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
scription of the update for Lync 2010 Group Chat client: April 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2501082 - Last Review: 04/04/2011 20:13:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Group Chat
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2501082