"0xc004039E" error when you use the "Allow user override" setting for a HTTP deny rule in an enterprise policy in Forefront TMG 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a HTTP deny rule in an enterprise policy in Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- You add URL categories to this rule.
- You use the Allow user override setting, and then you try to apply the changes for this rule.
In this scenario, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Error 0xc004039E - E_FPC_NOT_SUPPORTED_IN_ENTERPRISE_SCOPE
This issue occurs because of a code error in Forefront TMG 2010.
To resolve this issue, install the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Software Update 1 rollup 3 for Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Error 0xc004039E when applying URLF user override settings on Enterprise Level
Article ID: 2501782 - Last Review: 02/25/2011 09:16:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2501782