Unexpected symptoms occur when you create a My Site page in SharePoint Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure the User Profile Synchronization service in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You have an msOnline-UserPrincipleName attribute in the Active Directory domain schema.
- You synchronize the user profile.
- You create a My Site page for the user profile in SharePoint Server 2010.
In this scenario, some unexpected symptoms occur. For example, the URL of the My Site page is displayed as a cryptic string instead of as a user name.
This issue occurs because the msOnline-UserPrincipalName attribute is a reserved attribute in the Active Directory domain schema.
To resolve this issue, apply the following hotfix:
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (MOSS server-package): March 3, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2503931 - Last Review: 05/16/2011 06:21:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2503931