An incoming fax message is not delivered to the recipient in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You use a third-party fax partner server to process incoming fax messages in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) environment.
- There is a relay between the fax partner server and the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 server. For example, you use Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) as a relay.
- There is an incoming fax message.
In this scenario, the fax message is not delivered to the recipient. Additionally, the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 server generates a non-delivery report (NDR) message.
This issue occurs because the incoming fax message is stamped together with an unexpected header in the scenario that is described in the “Symptoms” section.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about faxing in the Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging server role, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about how to deploy and configure faxing in the Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging server role, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2514820 - Last Review: 10/28/2011 00:52:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup KB2514820