This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Conferencing Server issues that are fixed in the cumulative update that is dated November, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Update package information
Microsoft Download Center
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the OCSMCU.msp package now.
Release Date: November 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
There are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces the following update:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Conferencing Server: July 2011
To use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation information
To apply this cumulative update, install the OCSMCU.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 – Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition - Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition – Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
To remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs
item in Control Panel. Note
After you uninstall this cumulative update, the following services may be disabled:
- The Lync Server Application Sharing service
- The Lync Server Audio/Video Conferencing service
To resolve this issue, follow these steps both services:
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Double-click the name of the service that you want to modify.
- In the Startup type box, select Automatic, and then click Apply.
- Click Start, and then click OK.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert it. Or, provide the path where the source files can be found.
This update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
For more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updates for Lync Server 2010