Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Group Chat: November 2011
This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat issues that are fixed in the cumulative update that is dated November 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this cumulative update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2586030 Event ID 5377 is logged on a Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server
- 2600208 Error message when you try to add a user to a chat room in Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
- 2568561 A user is displayed two times in a membership list of a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat channel
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: November 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the following previously released update
2571550 Description of the update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat: July 2011
To use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation information Install this update to Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server
- Make sure that the Lync Server 2010 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that is currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, run the Server Config Tool in one of the following ways:
- CMD prompt: navigate to “%programfiles%\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server”, and then type ‘serverconfigtool.exe /s’ to silently upgrade the DB versions.
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat.
- File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_groupchatconsole.adm||Not Applicable||8,599||29-Mar-11||15:40||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2514984 - Last Review: 09/04/2013 11:04:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
- kbfix atdownload kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2514984