MS11-024: Vulnerability in Windows Fax Cover Page Editor could allow remote code execution: April 12, 2011
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
Known issues and additional information about this security updateThe following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information. If this is the case, the known issue is listed under each article link.
- 2491683 MS11-024: Description of the security update for Windows Fax Cover Page Editor: April 12, 2011
- 2506212 MS11-024: Description of the security update for Windows Fax Cover Page Editor MFC components: April 12, 2011
The following are the known issues in security update 2506212. For more information about these known issues, see security update 2506212.
- After you install this security update, an application that uses objects that are derived from the CArchive class may crash.
- After you install the Windows Fax Services component on Windows Server 2003, update 2506212 will be offered even if you have already installed it.
Article ID: 2527308 - Last Review: 05/11/2012 20:33:00 - Revision: 3.0
- atdownload kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability KB2527308