You cannot open .xls files by using Microsoft Office Excel 2010
After you install Microsoft Office 2010, you cannot open .xls files, and you may receive the following message:
The file is corrupt cannot be opened.
In addition, you may experience a problem in which any Microsoft Office programs, such as Word or Outlook, crashes when you open .xls files.
Follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft Office.
- Click Change, and then wait while the change and repair is carried out.
- Exit after the process is completed.
- Double-click the Excel file that you want to open or open the file through an HTML link as you could by using previous versions of the program.
Excel excel office2007 off2007 off10
Article ID: 2528682 - Last Review: 12/01/2011 21:55:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2528682