You cannot open .xls files by using Microsoft Office Excel 2010
In addition, you may experience a problem in which any Microsoft Office programs, such as Word or Outlook, crashes when you open .xls files.
Follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft Office.
- Click Change, and then wait while the change and repair is carried out.
- Exit after the process is completed.
- Double-click the Excel file that you want to open or open the file through an HTML link as you could by using previous versions of the program.
Article ID: 2528682 - Last Review: 12/01/2011 21:55:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2528682