FIX: "Error: 17066" occurs when you create a partitioned nonclustered index in SQL Server 2008 R2 if a parallel execution plan is used
- The following error messages are logged in the SQL Server error log:<Date time> spid<n> Error: 17066, Severity: 16, State: 1.
<Date time> spid<n> SQL Server Assertion: File: <sobuild.c>, line=3392 Failed Assertion = 'CompareRow ( rightPageRow, *m_pSEBindings, keyCnt, *pHobtAccess, PAGE_LEAF_LEVEL)'. This error may be timing-related. If the error persists after rerunning the statement, use DBCC CHECKDB to check the database for structural integrity, or restart the server to ensure in-memory data structures are not corrupted.
- The parallel execution plan does not create the index.
- The client application that sends the CREATE INDEX statement may receive a SQL Server exception.
- The connection between the client and server is closed.
- A parallel execution plan might be used in the following situations:
- You set the MAXDOP query hint option to a value that is greater than 1.
- You set the Max Degree of Parallelism option to 0 or to a value that is greater than 1 in server configuration.
- This issue does not occur in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
SQL Server 2008 R2
The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 8. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Set the Max Degree of Parallelism option to 1 in server configuration before you create the index.
- Set the MAXDOP query hint option to 1 when you create the index.
CREATE PARTITION FUNCTION statement, visit the following MSDN website:
Article ID: 2530913 - Last Review: 07/18/2011 17:27:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbfix KB2530913