A RBAC role assignee can unexpectedly run the "Update-FileDistributionService" command on an Exchange Server 2010 server that is outside the role assignment scope
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a management role assignment in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You assign the Exchange Virtual Directories role to a role assignee.
- You define the scope of the role assignment to an organizational unit.
- The role assignee tries to run the Update-FileDistributionService command on an Exchange Server 2010 server that is outside the role assignment scope.
This issue occurs because there is an incorrect Role Based Access Control (RBAC) scope verification when Exchange Server 2010 runs the Update-FileDistributionService command.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2579150 Description of Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about Role Based Access Control, visit the following Microsoft website:Update-FileDistributionService command, visit the following Microsoft website:Exchange Virtual Directories role, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2533451 - Last Review: 07/28/2011 02:48:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2533451