Resolving Internet connectivity issues after World IPv6 Launch (June 6, 2012)
You may have problems connecting to websites that are participating in World IPv6 Launch, and you may either fail to connect to the website or you may experience a long delay before the website begins to load. Specifically you have IPv6 connectivity to the Internet, but it is not working properly. This can be caused by a computer or a router configuring Windows with IPv6 connectivity that is unreliable.
To see a list of websites participating in World IPv6 Launch, please see the website participant list. If you are unable to connect to a website participating in World IPv6 Launch, but can connect normally to other websites, you may use the information below to resolve the problem. In addition, you can also verify if you have an IPv6 problem by using the the IPv6 Connectivity Analysis tool discussed in this blog post.
If you want to configure your computer to prefer IPv6 again, you can use the "Prefer IPv6 over IPv4" Fix It.
To use this fix, you must be logged on to the computer as a member of the Administrators group, or your user account must be granted permissions to edit the Windows registry.
To have us configure your computer for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section.
Fix it for meTo configure your computer automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Article ID: 2533454 - Last Review: 09/04/2013 09:37:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbfixme kbmsifixme kbtshoot kbprb kbinfo KB2533454