Consider the following scenario:
- You create a site in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You extend the site to an extranet environment by setting Alternate Access Mappings (AAM).
- You access the extranet site, and then you perform a search on the site.
- You click the Alert Me link on the Search Results page.
- You click OK to create the alert warning.
In this scenario, the Alert Me
page does not return you to the Search Results
page as expected.
To resolve this issue, apply the following hotfix packages:
Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2010 hotfix package (sts-x-none.msp): June 30, 2011
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 hotfix package (osrchwfe-x-none.msp): June 28, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2551695 - Last Review: August 15, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 For Internet Sites Enterprise
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 For Internet Sites Standard
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
|kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2551695|