Error when you copy a chart from Excel 2010 to another Office 2010 application
Consider the following scenario:
- You apply the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 960494 or 972559 to a computer that has the 2007 Microsoft Office system installed.
- You add the AliasedDMToMetafilePlus registry entry and set it to 1 to enable the hotfix.
- You upgrade the 2007 Office system to Microsoft Office 2010.
- You use the Paste Link command to copy a chart from Microsoft Excel 2010 to another application such as Microsoft Word 2010 or Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
In this scenario, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Word cannot obtain the data from the Excel.Sheet.12 link.
When you upgrade the 2007 Office system to Office 2010, the AliasedDMToMetafilePlus registry is retained. If the registry is set to 1, this issue will occur in Office 2010.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2584059 Description of the Office 2010 hotfix package (Oart-x-none.msp, Oartconv-x-none.msp): August 30, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2553088 - Last Review: 02/08/2012 08:27:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, Microsoft Office Professional 2010, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, Microsoft Office Standard 2010, Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbhotfixallversions KB2553088