FIX: Assertion failure when you open a linked report in SQL Server 2008 R2 if the order of the parameters in the source report are changed
- You use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS 2008) or Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS 2008 R2) to publish a parameterized report.
- The report has a hidden parameter that stores a value of the Boolean data type.
- You create a linked report to the published report.
- You use Report Builder to change the order of the parameters in the published report.
- You move the hidden parameter in the published report to the end of the parameter list.
- You open the linked report.
- The fix for SSRS 2008 is not available yet.
- After you install this fix, this issue does not occur for a new linked report. However, this issue still occurs for existing linked reports. Therefore, you must re-create the existing linked reports to resolve this issue for those reports.
Service pack information for SQL Server 2008 R2To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008 R2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Article ID: 2563828 - Last Review: 07/12/2011 15:57:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2563828