FIX: Aggregation design assignments are removed in SSAS 2008 R2 if you run the Analysis Services Deployment Wizard to deploy a database by enabling the Retain Partitions option
Microsoft distributes Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 fixes as one downloadable file. Because the fixes are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 fix release.
Consider the following scenario:
- You run an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services (SSAS 2008 R2) on a computer.
- You have an SSAS database that has partitions. Aggregation designs are assigned to the partitions.
- You make some changes to this database. For example, you add partitions.
- You use the Analysis Services Deployment Wizard and the Retain Partitions option to deploy the changes to the database.
Cumulative update informationThe fix for this issue was first released in cumulative update package 2. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2567714 Cumulative update package 2 for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1Note Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2567616 The SQL Server 2008 R2 builds that were released after SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 was released
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2567763 - Last Review: 08/26/2011 08:56:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2567763