How to Install and Use Microsoft Magnifier
Installing MagnifierIf there is no Accessibility item when you click Start, point to Programs, and then point to Accessories, you must install this feature:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Windows Setup tab.
- Click to select the Accessibility check box.
- Click OK. Note that you may be prompted to insert your Windows CD-ROM.
- When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
Using MagnifierMagnifier creates a separate window that displays a magnified portion of your screen. Magnifier is intended to provide a minimum level of functionality for users with slight visual impairments. When you are using Magnifier, you can:
- Change the magnification level.
- Change the size of the magnification window.
- Change the position of the magnification window on your desktop.
- Invert the screen colors.
- Use a high-contrast setting.
- Following the mouse pointer as it moves on your screen.
- Following the keyboard focus, which centers on the location of the mouse pointer.
- Following text editing.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click Magnifier.
- Click Start, click Run, type magnify, and then click OK or press ENTER.
- Press CTRL+ESC, press R, type magnify, and then press ENTER.
For a list of Windows-based accessibility utilities, see the Microsoft Accessibility Web site at:
Article ID: 257561 - Last Review: 01/27/2007 00:57:22 - Revision: 1.2
- kbenablesight kbinfo KB257561