Email messages in the Sent Items folder have the same PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID property in an Exchange environment
Consider the following scenarios in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment:
- You create an email message and save the email message as an Outlook Template (.oft) file in Microsoft Outlook.
- You open the .oft file, you generate an email message, and then you send the email message.
- You open the .oft file, you generate another email message, and then you send the email message.
- You send an email message in Outlook.
- You open the email message in the Sent Items folder, and then you resend the email message.
- You create an email message and save the email message in the Drafts folder.
- You copy and paste the email message into a folder in Outlook.
- You send both email messages.
In these scenarios, the two email messages in the Sent Items folder of the mailbox have the same PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID property in the Microsoft Exchange Server MPAI Editor (MFCMAPI). Additionally, the second email message that you send is not delivered to recipients, and you do not receive a non-delivery report (NDR).
This issue occurs because the Exchange store handles the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID property incorrectly for the two email messages.
To resolve this issue in Exchange Server 2013, install the following cumulative update:
2936880 Cumulative Update 5 for Exchange Server 2013
To resolve this issue in Exchange Server 2010, install the following update rollup:
2661854 Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to create an email message template by using Outlook 2010, visit the following Microsoft website:PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID property, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2592398 - Last Review: 05/27/2014 19:46:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2592398