ActiveX control is changed after you print preview, print, or save a workbook in Excel 2010
Assume that you have a workbook that contains many worksheets in Microsoft Excel 2010. One of the worksheets contains an ActiveX control. After you print preview the workbook, print the workbook, or save the workbook as a .pdf or .xps file, the size or position of the ActiveX control is changed.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2596494 Description of the Excel 2010 hotfix package (x86 excel-x-none.msp, x64 excel-x-none.msp): October 25, 2011
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
After you install the hotfix package, to have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To enable the hotfix automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type MultiSheetLegacyPrint, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click MultiSheetLegacyPrint, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
fix it fixit fixme
Article ID: 2596575 - Last Review: 02/08/2012 08:40:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Excel 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbfixme kbmsifixme kbhotfixallversions KB2596575