An incorrect number of copies is sent to a printer when you print one copy of a Word 2007 document
Assume that you print multiple copies of a document in Microsoft Office Word 2007. Then, you print one copy of the document. In this situation, the number of copies (the dmCopies member) that is sent to the printer’s DEVMODE data structure is incorrect.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2598132 Description of the Word 2007 hotfix package (Word-x-none.msp, Wordconv-x-none.msp): April 24, 2012
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, to have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- Before you install this easy fix solution, install the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2598267.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50904
If you have not configured the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options registry subkey already, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type ForceSetCopyCount, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click ForceSetCopyCount, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
fixit fix it fixme
Article ID: 2598311 - Last Review: 09/25/2015 09:23:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Word 2007
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbfixme kbmsifixme KB2598311