Uncategorized appointment or meeting is printed in blue instead of white in Outlook 2010
Assume that you create a PrintDarkColors value in the registry, and you set the value to 1 to change the print color setting in Microsoft Outlook 2010. When you try to print any calendar view screen, entries for uncategorized appointments or meetings are printed in blue instead of the default color of white.
To resolve this issue, apply hotfix package 2598374. To do this, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2598374 Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp): June 26, 2012
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsIf you are unable to install the hotfix package, you can work around this issue by changing the PrintDarkColors value in the registry to 0. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Printing
- In the details pane, locate the PrintDarkColors value.
- Right-click the value name, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, change the value in the Value data box to 0 (zero), and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is an issue in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2598367 - Last Review: 05/24/2013 20:48:00 - Revision: 5.2
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2598367