You cannot change the font size in Windows Live Mail or in Windows Mail after you install Internet Explorer 9
When you try to change the font size that is used for reading messages in Windows Live Mail or in Windows Mail, the font size does not change. For example, consider the following scenario:
- You have Windows Live Mail 2011 installed, and you have set up access to an email account to view your messages in the Inbox.
- You install Windows Internet Explorer 9.
- You start Windows Live Mail. Your Inbox contains HTML email messages.
- You try to change the font size so that the messages that are displayed can be read more easily. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Windows Live Mail tab, click Options and then click Mail.
- On the Read tab, click Fonts.
- In the Font size box, select Smallest, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog box.
In this scenario, the font size is not changed.
To resolve this problem, install this update.
Security update information
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2586448.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS11-081: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: October 11, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2601253 - Last Review: 10/11/2011 17:28:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Windows Live Mail
- Windows Mail in Windows Vista
- kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2601253