The values of the 32-bit versions of two registry entries are incorrect in 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or of Windows Server 2008 R2
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentversion\RegisteredOrganization
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentversion\RegisteredOwner
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentversion\RegisteredOrganization
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentversion\RegisteredOwner
Do not slipstream this update into preconfigured operating system images. You must run this update only after the operating system is installed and the Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE) is finished.
How to obtain this updateThe following files are available for download from the MicrosoftDownload Center:
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2||Download the update package now.|
|All supported IA-64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2||Download the update package now.|
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Registry informationTo use the update in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2603229 - Last Review: 11/07/2011 06:24:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter atdownload KB2603229